Wednesday 7 November 2012

Maria Rodale: Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing

Once, at ABC Kitchen in New York City, I had an amazing kale salad. So I thought I'd give it a try to replicate at home. Imagine my surprise when my kids went from saying "Do I have to try it?" to "This kale salad is delicious! Can I have more?" When I made it a second night in a row, my little one shouted, "YAY! Kale salad again!"

I know. I have a weird family. But it really is good. And easy to make.

Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing

Make sure the kale is really fresh and happy looking. Then wash it in a salad spinner. I add salt to the water and really massage the kale to soften it up a bit. Rinse it two or three times, then roll up the leaves and chop into thin bits.

Toss with this dressing:

Lemon Dressing


  • ? lemon

  • 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar

  • Salt (to taste)

  • 4 Tablespoons olive oil



  1. Grate some of the lemon's skin (about a third to a half of it). I used Meyer lemons for this, but you can use regular lemons. Use organic since you are using the peel. Squeeze the juice into a bowl with the grated skin.

  2. Put in the vinegar, salt, and olive oil and stir until emulsified.


Pour on the salad and enjoy!

?

?

Photo credit:?cizauskas
?

For more from Maria Rodale, go to www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com

?

?

?

Follow Maria Rodale on Twitter: www.twitter.com/farmkitchenblog

"; var coords = [-5, -72]; // display fb-bubble FloatingPrompt.embed(this, html, undefined, 'top', {fp_intersects:1, timeout_remove:2000,ignore_arrow: true, width:236, add_xy:coords, class_name: 'clear-overlay'}); });

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maria-rodale/kale-salad-with-lemon-dre_b_2088150.html

Presidential Polls California Propositions aaron rodgers obama Electoral College chuck pagano A Gay Lesbian

No comments:

Post a Comment